Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mom's Crying

Mom called this morning in tears. John and Kate left town last night. The Cooks left this morning--and now she and Dad are stuck here alone in Indiana with only the stinky rotten (and did I mention pushy?) Duffys.

I said, "Mom, if your house is too quiet, we can come over and scream in it."
"That's ok... I'm on my way to blah blah."
But I'm pretty sure that if she knew we were coming, she would clear her schedule for us the way she does for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters.

Not to dwell on the past, but here are some photo highlights from the lake, and one of John and Kate's visit:


Emily du lac

Rasberry picking

Late-night poker tournaments

Satisfied customers

Health-reviving mineral water.

John getting his neck waxed with excited onlookers.

3 comments:

John said...

I demand more pictures.

Betty Duffy said...

Post your own then!

Emily said...

Hold tight, everyone; I'm going to post pictures and comments on Brideshead Revisited, which I went to see 2 nights ago with our neighbor. I spend yesterday revisiting Brideshead myself to check my reading against the film maker's. This is a teaser.