Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ran out of time!

My plan was to write a long and meaningful blog post, but it took so long to upload this picture of North Dakota, I have run out of time. The good news is that it worked!! We have remarked several times how happy we are that Dad took his trip up north when he did since they have had blizzards this week.
Dad and I just finnished putting some straw up in the loft of the barn using his new(old and rusted) piece of machinery that works like a conveyer. I stand below and load the bales, he stands in the loft and takes them off and stacks them. It really is a good system, but I am increasingly aware of the dangers of farm work. No wonder so many farmers are walking around with missing fingers, hands, arms.
I have spent about 5 minutes watching TV since the election. It is good to have this respite. I am considering asking our priest if we can chaperone a group of our highschool youth to D.C. for the pro life rally in January (a neighboring parish is sponsoring a trip). It would involve sleeping on the bus two nights and most likely on the floor of a convent another night. What do you think?
We are looking forward to the weekend in Crawfordsville!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I want to go. Take me!

Emily J. said...

Your post was meaningful, enough, Mom. Why would it take 2 days to bus to DC? If you decide to go, let us know - maybe we'll meet you there!

BettyDuffy said...

I agree with Emily: Meaningful enough.

I also am wondering why you sleep on a bus two nights. Does RC have anything going on in Bethesda that you and Dad could just supply transportation to? Check the archdiocese too and chaperone Napoleon kids with a larger group that does all the planning. Just ideas.