Monday, March 2, 2009

Fox painting?

I bought a book today so that I could rip out a couple pages to frame for the boys' bedroom, and when I told John, he remembered a fox painting -by Emily- that he had in his room growing up. Is that still around anywhere?

Maybe this should have been an email! Oh well, I haven't posted in forever.

We had fun at Rachel's birthday party this weekend! I have a couple recipes I need to get... some spicy cheddar cayenne biscuits, and a delicious lemon pound cake with fudge made from scratch. Ahhh, so tasty.

2 comments:

Emily J. said...

You mean John does not have the fox painting hanging in a place of prominence in your home at this very minute? Has it not been hanging every place he has lived since I so lovingly painted it for him?

I have about 10 books I have picked up on the cheap that I keep intending to frame but am too afraid to cut up the book. Now the boys are getting too big for that kind of thing. Finally I did retrieve a page from A Child's Garden of Verses that was falling out: the page with this poem: "A Child should always say what's true,/ And speak when he is spoken to,/ And behave mannerly at table,/ At least as far as he is able."

I think it's hung to high for the kids to get the sense of it, except maybe the last line.

Kate said...

Is that from the same poem as:

Happy hearts and happy faces,
Happy play in grassy places--
That was how in ancient ages,
Children grew to kings and sages.

???

I love that one and have been wanting to do something creative and artsy with it too. Ripping a page from our copy of ACGOV might have to suffice, as that's about all I have time for these days.