Sunday, January 4, 2009

Webcamtastic

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Since I pushed all of you into blogging, I think it's my duty/privilege to push you all into the newest technology that I feel like everyone should use... Webcams! With a $30 webcam and free software, I just had an extended video conversation with my sister yesterday. Luke showed her a Christmas card and Charlie made faces and noises at her - lots of fun things that you can't do over the phone! Anyway, now (as I said) I think everyone should have one. We were wondering if Joe already has one in his laptop - apparently many computers come with them built in now. It would be fun to talk face-to-face (on our monitors, at least), or to get the Cooks' birthday serenades with video feed included. :)

Everybody go buy a camera and download Skype!

4 comments:

Emily J. said...

You are behind the times, Kate! Gram and Pop Cook gave us a logitech camera eye last year and we have a skype account, but it has been awhile since we used it because most calls turned into watch the Cooks do funny dances and send nudges. We usually used our livemessenger account instead of skype. Call us sometime on the phone and we'll try to hook up with the camera eye.

BettyDuffy said...

Kate,
I'm glad you finally bumped my baby announcement. I didn't want to be a blog hog and make people feel like they had to let ANOTHER one of my posts enjoy pole position for two weeks.

Kate said...

Emily - email me your Skype name! I just searched for you guys but you didn't come up.

Unknown said...

Play with your webcam (games and fun snapshots) on
www.SillyWebcam.com