Thursday, June 5, 2008

last day

of school - woo hoo! To celebrate we ate jello and cool whip, mmm, and went to the library to sign up for the summer reading club, heh, heh. John looked simply dashing in his plaid shorts, striped tee, and clip on tie, all in various shades of blue. Wish I had a picture to share. Will try to photo his stitches, but right now he doesn't want anyone to touch them.

Also had a discussion with Ben on semantics: He accused me of treating him like a spoiled brat. I pointed out that if he were going to be recalcitrant and irresponsible, I was not going to share chocolate chips with him when he demanded. (he didn't even ask politely!) So then he accused me: "You ARE calling me a spoiled brat." I pointed out that I was only saying he was acting like one, not that he was one. Love the sinner, hate the sin... The bonus of this conversation was that I got him to take out the trash to make up for acting like a spoiled brat and to earn a treat.

On the slate for the weekend: A trip to the beach tomorrow, then Dan is taking the boys camping in Newport News with teh Cub Scouts. The girls will come up on Saturday for a night. Annie is hoping we can go to Target again. Today she pointed out all the things that Claire wanted for her birthday: A tea set, a baby doll, a fairy Schliech figure on a horse, a princess Barbie, shoes . . . hmm, something someone almost six might enjoy. Meanwhile, John was very clear that he didn't care what Claire wanted, he wanted a good many things, and most especially he wanted his birthday to be the day after tomorrow.

No comments: